What is Essence Mining™?
“Essence” is the “individual, real, or ultimate nature of a thing especially as opposed to its existence.” That’s a good starting point to explain Essence Mining.
More than 95% of your brand’s mentions on social media are “noise”. The other 5% are the super-important mentions that really merit your attention: the questions, the complaints, the recommendations. Essence Mining mines every social media interaction to find those that are of the essence for the development of your business. Essence Mining finds the truly essential comments that your customers expect you to notice – and which you don’t want to miss. If your business has a social media monitoring service then, unless you are already using Essence Mining, you are currently spending far too much on identifying the messages that you need to respond to.
As humans, we unconsciously extract the essence of everything we read and hear. It’s complicated. We detect signals from the express words, the sentiment, the tone and complexity of the language used; the context and punctuation all give clues, too. Innately we recognise irony, sarcasm, passion and spot flags that something is intended as a statement of fact, intent, joke or a threat.
Essencient’s proprietary and patent protected technology identifies many of those same signals. It allows us to automate the of assessment of the “hidden signals” in communications, and to process the combination of those signals to identify the essence (and, therefore, the importance) of a communication. Put another way, Essence Mining clears out the 95% noise leaving you with the 5% of mentions that matter. Your team can efficiently handle those important communications, without wasting time on the noise, and your analysts can transform the noise-free communications in to meaningful business intelligence. The result: better business performance at lower cost.
Which signals we monitor and how we combine them into a holistic view are a part of our “secret sauce”. But the proof is in the tasting – and we are confident that nobody can match us when it comes to delivering the essential part of the social conversation into your workflows and analyses. It’s our single, absolute focus, and the reason we have named our company “Essencient”. If you want to take up our challenge just contact us …